Support to the COVID-19 pandemic response in Sao Tome and Principe
São Tome and Principe
The project is based on two pillars: support to the management coordination of the epidemic, at the institutional level, and that of the technical unit, focused on the clinical/hospital and laboratory management of COVID-19 cases, and also on the training of Santomean health professionals.
General: to reinforce the capacities of Sao Tome and Principe in its response to the epidemics.
Specific: to provide emergency support and strengthen the intrinsic capacity of the national health system of Sao Tome and Principe in the prevention and control of the COVID-19 epidemic in the country.
Direct: Health professionals of S. Tomé e Principe
Indirect: population of S. Tomé and Príncipe
Reinforcing the emergency response to the COVID-19 epidemic in São Tomé and Príncipe
- Advice, technical assistance and training in the implementation and coordination of operational plans for pandemic prevention and control;
- Identifying, acquiring, channelling and supporting the transport and management of technical resources and materials required;
- Complement resources, strengthen actions and response capacity at the level of diagnosis, prevention and assistance to the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Complement resources and actions at the level of obtaining and monitoring epidemiological data;
- Strengthen risk communication and health education.
Improving the level of resilience and capacity of the santomean national health system to respond to future epidemics
- Training and education actions for local human resources.
- 19 months: July 2020 to January 2022
- European Union
- Camões – Institute for Cooperation and Language, I.P. (Portuguese Cooperation)