The FACT project wants to build a FACT Youth Network. An online network of independent fact-checkers for debunking fake-news concerning the 2024 EU Parliament Elections.
The fact-checkers – called FACT Guardians – will be a group of young people from various EU countries who will be debunking disinformation on social media.
As members of this network, in contact with others across the EU, the participants will be in charge of screening the news, especially the ones spread during the electoral campaign. They will be checking unverified web pages, WhatsApp messages and political speeches, using factchecking tools.
What do you need to be a FACT Guardian?
- you need to be an active citizen commited to social justice
- You need have a sharp and critical eye to go beyond the headlines (critical thinking)
- You will need to dedicate approximately 2-3 hours per month
- you to be aged between 16-30 years old
- You need to be an EU Citizen
- You need to be able to communicate in English
The Gardians will receive training,will be featured on the FACT website’s page dedicated to the FACT Youth Network, and you will also get a certificate of participation at the end of the project.
Sign up to be a FACT Gardian here.
The deadline for joining the FACT Youth Network is November 30th, 2023 at 12.00 CET. After this deadline, FACT partners will revise all applications and accept relevant candidates. The final list will be published at the beginning of December and each candidate will be informed about the result via email.